Monday, December 27, 2010

Ever dared to claim you are unique?


"Are you sure Bolt is the fastest man on earth? Nadal the best male Tennis player in the world? Are you completely certain?" asks Earth to the judge in the courtroom. Earth is a person who says she doesn't have a name and insists she doesn't want one. But we need her to have one so we named her Earth.

The Judge responds with disinterest "We have international events which conduct, examine and record achievements performed under identical circumstances with fair opportunity to everyone. So my answer is, Yes. They are the best as per the records we have today. Even if you believe it isn't correct or not comprehensive, this is not the place to discuss this."

Earth elaborates "I never competed with them. Never tried. So how can the world be sure that they are the best? There are millions of others who never tried. The best could be one among us. You people rate the best movies, musicians, scientists, philosophers, peacemakers, artists. You rate anything and everything and call one the best. Are we all not born different? Is there any painting that all people of the past and future unanimously hate? Can there be one? Here is something I want you to read if you must try to understand what I ask."

The letter reads :

Yo Dude/Dudette,

Reminding you that there is no absolute best or worst. You take a person Neptune. Neptune builds a world in her mind filled with all his likes, dislikes, opinions, beliefs and dreams. If you lay it all down and build a virtual world out of it for every person. Imagine the fascination in observing the infinite worlds overlapping, although different by point of view. In a sense, each person sees the world in a way no other person sees. Why do we then generalize with best and worst based on the acceptance of majority? What about the views of the minority. Have we all not experienced at some point when our opinion was different from what the world accepted?

I do not want the world to accept or certify anything or anyone on behalf of all people (which includes me too). I refuse to accept your administration, your democracy, your communism, your communalism or whatever. I refuse to accept the governments' facilities provided to people. I refuse to accept the laws created. I refuse citizenship. I do not want anybody to expect me to follow anything just because they believe its for the good of everyone. I care not for everyone. You may call me arrogant, but that does not make me wrong. I don't need your police protection, I don't need hospitals, I don't need education. I was, for so long forced into practicing the slavery that we all have been living throughout. In your clearest morality, do you think it is just to force everything that is done upon a child since birth to death just because the majority believes it is the best form of living that can be created for any person? I ask you, the people of the world, to treat me like I don't exist. I don't want to follow your rules, your custom, your culture, your borders, your beliefs, your passion, your nothing. I will choose for myself. I want freedom.

The Judge read the whole letter aloud. Gives it a long thought and then asks "What about your family? friends? Do you speak for them too?

Earth replies with no change in expression "I don't have any."

A guy from the bench shouts "Lets think she doesn't exist and not listen to her at all" and gives a loud fake laughter and hopes for it to multiply.

The Judge hammers it. Asks Earth with a grin "So, if you don't fit in the law, its not a crime to kill you. I might as well have you shot down. What do you feel about that?"

Earth hits back "Anyone can kill me, hang me, electrocute me, torture me. Then will you magically become right?"

Judge sighs and tell Earth "I hear what you are asking for, but I don't have the authority to grant you what you ask for. I hope you realize that."

Earth remarks "Do your job, spread my plea and see what your MAJORITY says".

Bcozazedzo

No comments:

Post a Comment